Thursday 7 October 2010

Levi Leviathan the goliath of the seas storms through bumbling gallantly...

"Levi the Leviathan"....Here he is and his teeth look sharp and his almond eye gazes at you through an angled way which keeps you entranced (perhaps). However, his montstrous size is of definite feel that you would imagine a creature such as him in the waters in the prehistoric times, it is however unavailable to me at the moment. His size is like a whale or even bigger if it were possible to make him to the actual shape that was required with some adjustments to the length and somehow modifying the abstract boundaries to evaluate a more concise idea in my expanse mind. I was making him the way he was I found that I was able to find the guidelines by penciling in some impression in the surface, even if, as ever, you move the guidelines (pencil marks) to make the impression better so far as the, for instance, girth of the belly in the case here.


The red cushion is a great idea here to make the glow of the stonework after sanding with water appear almost reddened on its slightly sandstone look. It has a great shimmery look to it, that blinks at you through recesses, through little recesses close to the edge of the almond eyes that ominously look on at you.

The contrast between the redness in the previous photo, to the orange look which quite definitely gets displayed here, is prevalent through the black table having a stark contrast with the true texture of the rock sepolite's colour here. It is a little better to see it in its true state as sometimes the eye, prefers the true to the abstract in its colour if not the state it could be most definitely be portrayed with its shape. I find I cannot quite make my mind up whether on looking at the size of the head on one side, being a certain size larger to the size it appears in this photo gives it a quirkly look. Plus one fin suggest the creature may be playing with the curvature of the water as the currents of it swathe past its fins. What direction would the fin be taking the creature if it has its second fin on the side more orange, so this evaluation gives the viewer an impression of it being in motion even more, than perhaps the idea of the artist (me... :-)) creating different looks on either side due to my own accidental or purposeful fault.


Here is a good look at the tail, which has a recess of 2/3mm which is just about enough if not perhaps allowing me the possibility of sheering off a certain bit more to create 1mm more depth. I obviously haven't quite done enough round the tail to create depth here. So that will continue as well. I am going to try and cause the stone to have atleast a depth of 1 to 1.5 cm depth so it really stands out, and being careful to not allow the stone to be sanded as well.

I have done an interesting photo that shows the angle of making the creature also seem in flight. It has such sharp teeth, that when talking to the Priest earlier nearby where I live (not mentioning a name to keep things private and confidential as I hope people would respect me for that, not to mention kindness in courtousy), I was quite bemused how energy just comes to flourish at ones tips (maybe flourish isn't the word, however magnificent like a transparent sparkiness perhaps). I do however like the fact that in time the production has at different moments very rewarding feelings, like watching something settle between ripples in a lake, aware of something inside also being at 'one' with the vibrations within one's soul. It is an interesting experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment