Monday 8 November 2010

Fiery Flying Fish with rasping tongue....





           Here is the Fiery fish, the fish that will be one of many that will emerge out of the rocks that I have produced. I shall like to produce an innumerable amount of them. 
           I will decide to perhaps do a koi fish next for a friend of mine... He is a good friend and it will be a belated gift to him for his birthday. I just enjoy the joy of creating something that no doubt is a free flowing gift from the river of my goodness... I am glad I started on the lip area. It did seem that this rock being a fish rather than a plant or just abstract art of some kind that was shape based was a wonderful choice.

When I look at it, it is possible that to begin with the start of this sculpture definitely appears like out of Constantine like those strange demon creatures without eyes, then later you find more solace when you see eyes appear, that is the beauty of eyes, usually there are two of them, somehow the beauty of seeing two of them stuck in the skull of our heads, is a comfort, baffling though in some way... Well it is good, I remember once seeing someone with one eye and it seemed a little too stark to see that person with his one good eye.. Nevermind, I geuss in some way you accustom yourself to the idea that somehow we approve by the guidance of a higher power that gives us a hint as to what is reckoned mostly instinctively correct, but in rarity is acceptable in small doses. I accept that the truth lies at a pinnacle point that revolves so magnificently it is too raw a sight for the eye, to divulge in for too long a time...
I still am aware that the mouth here, may or may not seem a little large, however the true difficulty with which to consider the exact measurements in accordance with the sketch is not always planned exactly to the designed draft, that allows one the guidance to complete the sculpture in question...
The side shot of the sketch and the sculpture is evidently, a better shot that gives the viewer a better look at the fiery head, that remains quite spikey, quite thoroughly spikey, then there is also another shot which pleases the viewer to show my ability to allow the viewer the different shots that give the viewer the choice of which shot suits them aesthetically according to their taste...
I like this shot, it shows the redness, not unlike Levi the Leviathan, when it was being dug out of the rock, with those wonderful chisels of mine. I did not see enough of a good shot to enjoy looking at it now, therefore I ploughed on and in doing so....
I was giving on either side of the tongue more availability of emerging succesfully when drilling great depths under it, to do so, it was quite an energetic moment, to feel quite engaged and fervent in the desire that it was mastered, it was being mastered quite masterfully...
The tongue curling in this way almost suggests that the creature is playing at rasping at the audience, the rasping is an intention of a creature that is needing to display some notion of just being foolish for a short time, flittering away near the Waterfalls, near the flying fish, but knowing that he feels proud, to be a mystical one not unlike Turtalius, a rare breed, that happens to be seen very rarely like the pixies or the fairies in the woodland, when he chooses to be seen, by those that are righteous....(just being daft, but its fun).

I had loved this picture as it the first part of me showing the creatures fierce look being quite well mastered, I was doing this by making sure not unlike a painter at using the chisel to see if I could get the distance with thumb and finger measuring how far the distance of the end of the almond of the eye was, first and foremost, then measuring the inside of the eye and then making sure little indents were made, to get the general idea displayed and just use my risk in etching it with my own proud gesture of etching away in abandon. The result is great. I just need to make sure that I definitely make the creatures face appear further below the eyes as if they bulged with fury, at being quite desireably, intent on action and flourishing down the best slipstream routes in the hot currents..





















Here is the sketch of a sculpture to be produced in the future which will be titled Frequency of sunshine signs...
I will pray to find such a rock as it will be really great to be able to work on something so large.
It will have a frequency symbolic momentum inside with circular parts as representations of balance when frenetic strife is still abudant, jagged edges versus, circular paths...

Here you can see quite distinctly that I am now underoing the efforst to make a 'V' shape groove on the fish tail at the rear end of it, usually where a tail is, isn't it. haha. Well and it was interesting how when using my fingers I found that mirroring the pattern by using my fingers as guide and using the angle as where with pencil if need be, kept me more or less in the same pattern for both sides. It was an interesting thing to work on.
I just need to consider making the back of the creature full of flames and also consider how this has to be done. It will be an interesting process to undertake it. I was really happy to make the leaf like fin on the side of him, to be etched out more, it showed that I was giving him a certain look that made parts of his body 'sunk' respective of what mattered to be noticed as opposed to everything mattering and then it not seeming to be a piece of art.

Here is the finished product of it, the look of it was quite spectacular when it was finished, I had no idea that this fine piece would look so splendid, a fiery fish from Hades emerging and slipping through with some of the flying fish into earths plane for a short time shimmering through undercurrents up and down, his fiery breath sometimes darting out to act like a poison with other fish, in distracting the little fishes before also utilising it in his bright manner to engorge on them, as they past through him and down his great gargantuan throat.






No comments:

Post a Comment